Saturday, April 25, 2015

ANZAC Day ... 100 years 1915 to 2015

I am remembering all those who went to war to give me the freedom I have today here in Australia.  I am sharing a poppy I created last night to post on my Facebook page as my profile picture and thought I would turn it into a card.

The poppy is made with the two flowers cut out with Blossom punch (which is retiring and is already sold) and using a sponge dauber in Real Red to give it depth of colour with the centre created out of Basic Black cardstock with the 7/8" Scallop Circle.

I used the retiring stamp set, Four You which is still available in clear ($20.95 reduced to $17.81 or wood $25.95 reduced to $19.46).

Stamp Set:  Four You, Crazy about You
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Blossom Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Spritzer









I have visited the Australian War Memorial in 2000.



and then I travelled to Thailand in 2012 and visited the Bridge over the River Kwai and Hellfire Pass, constructed for the Burma to Thailand Railway by the Prisoners of World War II (thousands Australian, British and Dutch died) and we visited the grave site.





No comments:

Post a Comment