Monday, November 24, 2014

By The Tide Calendar Display Card meets Clear Block Technique

I held my last Card Class of the year on Saturday and we made this Calendar Display Card.  I used the Clear Block technique to make my background, using your So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Marina Mist markers you colour onto your clear block and then spray some water onto the block to make the colours blend together and then stamp it onto a piece of whisper white cardstock and wow a fantastic background of sand and sea.

Whilst the background is drying I stamped the seahorse and the shell and fussy cut around them and then stamped the sea grass and wrapped some linen thread around the bottom then mounted the image onto the Marina Mist stand and finally added the calendar with sticky strip.

Stamp Set: By the Tide, Blooming with Kindness
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Linen Thread, Mini Calendar




Here is a close up of the way I made it stand, with a few folds in the middle of the card stock and then I used sticky strip to adhere the top of the card together.




No comments:

Post a Comment